AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced its acquisition of Dresden, Germany-based Signalion GmbH. The acquisition delivers strong wireless communications talent and technologies to the NI platform, which are critical to NI's goal to continue to drive long term growth in the communications test industry. Signalion founders, Dr. Tim Hentschel and Dr. Thorsten Drager, will remain with the company as co-managing directors, and work closely with NI R&D to evolve the capabilities of NI LabVIEW system design software and modular PXI hardware for wireless test applications. Signalion will continue to operate as a wholly owned NI subsidiary and to sell and support its products through its direct, distributor and OEM channels.
"NI continues to invest in the strategic areas of RF research, design and test," said Dr. James Truchard, president, CEO and co-founder of National Instruments. "Signalion has assembled a top team of researchers and developers through its close relationship with Technische Universitat Dresden (TU Dresden) working on the latest standards such as LTE, LTE-advanced and even fifth-generation wireless research. This expertise combined with a strong product portfolio strengthens our market position while laying the foundation for continued innovation using the NI PXI RF platform and LabVIEW for mobile communications and infrastructure test."
"We at Signalion are excited to join National Instruments," said Hentschel. "Our significant experience with RF communications complements the NI platform and we look forward to working on products that will broaden the NI product offering."
Click to Tweet
: @NIGlobal acquires Signalion adding #RF wireless talent and technology to the company's growing product line
For more information, visit http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/pub/p/id/1665.
About National Instruments
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV