BOULDER, Colo., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Array BioPharma Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRY) today announced positive data for ARRY-520 and ARRY‑614 at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) in Atlanta, Georgia.
New results presented at the meeting for ARRY-520 in addition to those described in the abstracts published by ASH in early November included:
- Overall survival of 19 months and progression free survival of 3.7 months were observed in multiple myeloma patients taking ARRY-520 alone
- A clinical benefit rate (≥MR) of 50% was observed in heavily pre-treated (median 10 prior regimens) multiple myeloma patients taking ARRY-520 plus dexamethasone who were selected for low AAG levels
- Initial signs of clinical activity were observed in the ongoing ARRY-520+Kyprolis® (carfilzomib) combination trial: 56% clinical benefit rate (≥MR)
In a Phase 2 trial with ARRY-520 in patients with triple-refractory multiple myeloma and a median number of 10 prior treatment regimens, ARRY-520 plus low-dose dexamethasone demonstrated a 22% overall response rate (≥ partial response, or PR), with manageable safety. The most common drug-related adverse events include myelosuppression, fatigue and mucosal inflammation. This response rate is comparable to the response rates reported in pomalidomide and Kyprolis studies, which included patients with only half the number of median prior treatment regimens.As presented at ASH, researchers found that AAG (acute phase protein alpha-1-acidic glycoprotein) may be a biomarker enabling better patient selection for response to ARRY-520. A related abstract assessing the same group of ARRY-520-treated patients observed that, for patients retrospectively selected with a lower AAG level, the overall response rate (≥PR) increased to 33% (from 22%) with a median time on study of 6.2 months. The clinical benefit rate (≥MR) was 50% in the selected population.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts