Ignite Restaurant Group (NASDAQ: IRG) today announced that Ann Iverson has been appointed as an independent member of its Board of Directors, effective December 7, 2012. Ms. Iverson was also appointed Chair of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Ms. Iverson will replace Richard P. Bermingham as Chair of the Audit Committee, who recently notified the Company that he would resign from the Board effective December 31, 2012.
Paul R. Vigano, Chairman of Ignite Restaurant Group, stated, “We are pleased to add someone of Ann’s caliber to our Board. Ann’s public market board experience, including her tenure on audit, finance and governance committees, as well as her role as chief executive officer at numerous multi-unit concepts is a tremendous asset for Ignite. In addition, her expertise in finance, branding and marketing will help support Ignite’s future growth and be a valuable resource to the entire organization.”
Mr. Vigano added, “We would also like to thank Dick for his service to Ignite and our shareholders. He has been a thoughtful and wise voice on our Board, and we wish him continued success in his future endeavors.”
Ms. Iverson has provided international consulting services in Carefree, Arizona, since 1998. Prior to that, Ms. Iverson served as chief executive officer of Laura Ashley Holdings plc, Mothercare plc and Kay-Bee Toy Stores, as well as chairman of Brooks Sports, Inc. Additionally, she has held executive positions with Bloomingdales and Federated Department Stores, Inc. Ms. Iverson is also a member of the Board of Directors at Owens Corning where she serves on the Audit and Finance Committees. Previously she served on a number of other public company boards including Shoe Pavilion, Inc. and Iconix. She currently is Chairman of the Board of Thunderbird School of Global management where she has been a trustee since 2001 and a member of Financo Global Consulting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV