Debra Borchardt: So, they are worried more about reputation than good governance.
Jim Cramer: Oh yeah. For them, look, you took a pledge. I kind of really understand where they are. They took a pledge not to raise taxes. They don't regard the president's reelection as a referendum on higher taxes. They regard it as a referendum on maybe the social issues or why the republican candidate was not attractive, but they all feel like...the ones who took the Grover Norquist pledge, they feel that they ran on the prospect of no new taxes. So, it would be ...rising above for them in the way that it would be for the pin I wear, is a real betrayal to the people who elected them. I think they're more concerned about betraying their electorate than they are about some higher calling that they don't regard as being higher. That's the crux.
Debra Borchardt: All right.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV