Debra Borchardt: So, they are worried more about reputation than good governance.
Jim Cramer: Oh yeah. For them, look, you took a pledge. I kind of really understand where they are. They took a pledge not to raise taxes. They don't regard the president's reelection as a referendum on higher taxes. They regard it as a referendum on maybe the social issues or why the republican candidate was not attractive, but they all feel like...the ones who took the Grover Norquist pledge, they feel that they ran on the prospect of no new taxes. So, it would be ...rising above for them in the way that it would be for the pin I wear, is a real betrayal to the people who elected them. I think they're more concerned about betraying their electorate than they are about some higher calling that they don't regard as being higher. That's the crux.
Debra Borchardt: All right.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV