More Than Me Foundation of New Jersey was awarded a $1 million grant from Chase at the second annual American Giving Awards on NBC. Host Joel McHale was joined by presenters Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Jenna Fisher, Anthony Anderson, Sarah Hyland and Jenna Elfman to announce the five finalists that were chosen by Facebook users and Chase online customers.
More Than Me Foundation is committed to help young Liberian girls get off the street and into the classroom. The charity plans to use the $1 million to help build a boarding school that will educate 1,000 girls in West Africa. They expect the school to be sustainable in five years.
“The 2012 AGAs lived up to it’s billing as an emotional and inspiring evening,” said Dalila Wilson-Scott, CFO of the JPMorgan Chase Foundation. “Our Facebook fans and customers came together once again to choose five outstanding charities to receive Chase grants. I am truly humbled by the amazing work these organizations do every day to make this world a better place.”
Actress Glenn Close was presented with the AGA Leadership Award for her commitment to raising awareness of mental illness through her charity, Bring Change 2 Mind. Close, whose sister and nephew live with mental illnesses, helped start Bring Change 2 Mind to remove stigmas and misconceptions about mental illness.In addition to More Than Me Foundation’s $1 million grant, the following four finalists will share in $1 million in grants from Chase:
- $500,000: Krochet Kids International, a Costa Mesa, Calif.-based accessories brand working to eradicate poverty through sustainable economic development programs and unique, one-of-a-kind products.
- $250,000: Timmy Global Health, based in Indianapolis, Ind., which expands access to healthcare and empowers students and volunteers to tackle today’s most pressing global health challenges.
- $125,000: Team Rubicon, a charity based in Inglewood, Calif, that empowers veterans with a new mission and community through natural disaster and humanitarian crisis response.
- $125,000: Together We Rise, based in Chino, Calif., whose mission is to transform the way youth navigate through the foster care system in America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV