ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Students across the country have collected a record-breaking $10.7 million through Pasta for Pennies, presented by Olive Garden and benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), thanks to the efforts of more than 4 million students from 6,091 schools nationwide. This brings the total raised through Pasta for Pennies since 1994 to more than $70 million.
Pasta for Pennies: National
- $10.7 million raised in 2011-2012
- 6,091 schools participated
- More than 4 million students
- More than $70 million raised since 1994
Students in first through 12th grade participated in Pasta for Pennies filling collection jars and boxes in their classrooms with spare change over a three-week period during the school year. The top fundraising class at each participating school received a pasta party from their local Olive Garden restaurant.
Spare change raised through Pasta for Pennies helps fund blood cancer research and provides much needed services and support to leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma patients and their families."We congratulate all of the students who put forth such an amazing effort in support of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society," said John Caron, president of Olive Garden. "Through Pasta for Pennies, students can see firsthand that even the smallest donation can have a significant impact on their local community. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is moving closer to a cure because of their efforts." Leading the nation as the top Pasta for Pennies fundraising school was William Mason High School in Mason, Ohio, collecting $25,754. Other top fundraising schools include:
- Princeton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, with $17,707 collected;
- Harry Russell Elementary School in West Carrollton, Ohio, with $16,674; and
- Iroquois Middle School in Macomb Township, Mich., with $16,353.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts