Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Texas Instruments (TI) is a very inexpensive stock and "it's done nothing for ages," Jim Cramer told TheStreet's Debra Borchardt Monday.
He compared Texas Instruments to Apple (AAPL), a stock that, despite its recent decline, remains "over-owned" and could hit investors with some high capital-gains taxes.
By contrast, anyone holding TI will have far less in capital gains to pay. So while all the companies in the sector are struggling, when it comes to TI the upside is better than the downside.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Margo D. Beller in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV