National Press Club To Host "NEWSMAKER" Media Briefing On Measuring Human Rights Issues And Other Goals Of The First Muslim Commission On Human Rights
WASHINGTON, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Newsmaker: Members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation's (OIC) newly created Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission (IPHRC), including Commission Chair Dr. Siti Ruhuaini Dzuhayatin.
TOPIC: " Measuring human rights issues and other goals of the first Muslim commission on human rights"
DATE: Thursday, Dec. 13TIME: Noon ROOM: Zenger Room The OIC is the second largest intergovernmental organization after the United Nations and has a membership of 56 states spread over four continents, as well as the Palestinian Authority. The OIC was established to promote international dialogue, understanding and peace, as well as to protect fundamental human rights and freedoms including those of women, religious minorities, individuals with special needs and the elderly. The OIC's Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission (IPHRC) is the first Muslim commission on human rights, making the rights of women and children its top priority. The group from the IPHRC will provide insights into the work being done by the commission to support human rights and women's rights in particular in countries that have not always effectively protected women's rights. This is the first appearance of this newly created group in Washington, D.C. Appearing at the Newsmaker will be Siti Ruhuaini Dzuhayatin, commission chair, Republic of Indonesia; Ilham Ibrahim Mohamed Ahmed, Republic of Sudan; Ousman Diao Balde, Republic of Guinea; Mohammed Kawu Ibrahim, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Mohammed Raissouni, Kingdom of Morocco; and Mohamed Lamin Timbo, Republic of Sierra Leone. SOURCE National Press Club
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV