Auto Library Friends Pick Electric Car As 2012's 'Collectible Vehicle Of The Future'
DETROIT, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time, the National Automotive History Collection (NAHC) has chosen an electric car from a non- Detroit manufacturer as its "Collectible Vehicle of the Future."
From America's new cars and trucks launched in 2012, the Tesla Model S will become the most desired by future car collectors, according to the Friends of the NAHC, which supports the world-famous automotive archive at the Detroit Public Library. Members vote annually to predict the "Collectible Vehicle of the Future" from each year's new North American-built cars and trucks. The Tesla was selected from 17 all-new vehicles launched in 2012.
Charles K. Hyde, chairman of the NAHC Board of Trustees, said "this selection is unique among the many 'Vehicle of the Year' awards, because it is selected by 'car buffs' who know what future collectors will value. We asked our members to predict which of this year's new vehicles will turn heads in the Woodward Cruise of 2037."The Tesla Model S is produced and sold by Tesla Motors, founded in 2003 and based in Palo Alto, California. The NAHC is the world's largest public archive of automotive lore and a treasure for automotive historians, journalists and collectors. Its collection of books, magazines, manuals, photos, company histories, and historic documents is open to the public. The NAHC contains publications, photographs and manuscript files depicting the automobile's historical, social, mechanical, and design aspects; also biographical files, personal papers, and business documents of pioneers and corporate leaders which offer insight into the development, industrial psychology, and economics of the automotive industry. The Friends of the Detroit Public Library supports the collection through the NAHC Board of Trustees, which raises funds and provides volunteer assistance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV