This means at least one leg of the average work commute – reportedly 20 miles each way – could be completed each day without using a drop of gas. A study by the United States Department of the Treasury estimates congestion consumed an extra 1.9 billion gallons of fuel in 2011, approximately 5 percent of all gasoline used.
C-MAX Energi figures prominently in Ford's rollout of electrified vehicles and helped the automaker sell a record number of hybrids in the month of November.
Ford's other electrified vehicles include:
- Focus Electric: Production began late 2011; America's most fuel-efficient compact with 110 MPGe city and 105 MPGe combined – 6 MPGe better than the Nissan Leaf
- C-MAX Hybrid delivers EPA-certified 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway – 7 mpg better than the Toyota Prius v on the highway – for a 47 mpg combined rating
- All-new Fusion Hybrid is America's most fuel-efficient midsize sedan after being rated by the EPA to deliver 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway, 47 mpg combined. This beats the Toyota Camry Hybrid by 8 mpg highway, 4 mpg city
- Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid: Will begin production by the end of this year; aiming to be the most fuel-efficient midsize car in the world with more than 100 MPGe
About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 172,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts