NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has approved the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid for its Clean Pass vehicle carpool lane access program
- C-MAX Energi offers a top speed of 85 mph – 20 more than Toyota Prius Plug-in – and a total range of up to 620 miles, enabling drivers to get where they're going in a zippy fashion without having to worry about finding a gas station
- C-MAX Energi meets the long-distance challenges of New York's super-commuters who also face increased congestion; idling in stop-and-go traffic is estimated to waste 1.9 billion gallons of gasoline annually
The all-new Ford C-MAX Energi – already offering the top speed among plug-in hybrid vehicles – now gives New Yorkers a chance to get where they're going even faster after being approved for use in the carpool lane of a major artery into the Big Apple.
Clean Pass, a New York state-run program promoting reduced greenhouse gas emissions and fuel consumption, recently ruled C-MAX Energi owners could drive the entire 40-mile stretch of the Long Island Expressway in the carpool lane.
The move is especially important as studies show New Yorkers spend more time driving to and from work than commuters anywhere else in the country.To qualify, vehicles must be classified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) as a super ultra-low emission vehicle (SULEV) and also be certified by the U.S. EPA to offer fuel economy of at least 45 mpg on the highway. C-MAX Energi not only meets the CARB standard but also offers EPA-estimated 100 MPGe combined – 108 MPGe city, 92 MPGe highway – along with a total range of up to 620 miles and an electric-only range of up to 21 miles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV