- Nathan Arrazate, service consultant, Jacksonville, Fla. Nathan led CarMax teams in numerous volunteer events to benefit Jacksonville organizations like Trinity Rescue Mission, Habitat for Humanity and Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. Other projects and donation drives led by Nathan have supported City Rescue Mission, which will receive the $5,000 grant in support of its vision of transforming lives of the homeless.
- Kairand Bellinger, sales manager, Tucson, Ariz. Kairand received this award for coordinating nearly 20 volunteer projects in one year for his store team with organizations like the YMCA, Humane Society, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, as well as the Children’s Museum of Tucson. He has chosen California YMCA Youth & Government to receive the $5,000 grant.
- Justin Booker, buyer, Madison, Tenn. Justin has taken a leading role in his store’s community giving efforts, coordinating or being a part of events that benefitted Nashville Zoo, Special Olympics, Wounded Warrior Project and the Salvation Army Angel Tree Program. Special Kids will receive the $5,000 grant on his behalf to support services for children with special needs.
- Travis Kennon, sales manager, Las Vegas, Nev. Travis has mentored youth with Omega Psi Phi for 20 years and chose this organization’s scholarship program to receive the $5,000 grant. He spends time with underprivileged youth preparing them for job and scholarship interviews, and helps with fundraising events. He also works with Omega Gents visiting the homeless and elderly and holding winter clothing drives.
- Racquel Martinez, service operator, Austin, Texas Racquel has not only coordinated multiple volunteer projects in the past year, but she also puts in the extra effort to make sure that both Austin CarMax locations can be a part of each event to benefit local charities. She chose Foster Angels of Central Texas to receive the $5,000 grant to improve the lives of children in foster care.
- Lauren Packett, auction services marketing coordinator, Richmond, Va. Lauren has dedicated her time to a diverse group of organizations like Special Olympics, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, March of Dimes and Boys & Girls Clubs. Her passion for animals leads her to volunteer with Richmond SPCA and she chose this organization to receive the $5,000 grant.
- Tim Reeves, production technician, Greensboro, N.C. Tim has committed years of Saturdays to The Arc of Greensboro acting as a head baseball coach of a team comprised of young people with special needs. Tim has invited fellow CarMax employees to join him as assistant coaches, and he participates in additional CarMax team events that benefit other Greensboro charities. The Arc of Greensboro will receive the $5,000 grant on his behalf.
- Rebecca Sckrabulis, location general manager, Oak Lawn, Ill. Through her years at CarMax, Rebecca has led countless teams in events to benefit organizations like American Cancer Society, Toys for Tots, Boys & Girls Clubs, The Bridge Teen Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center . She has also participated in wellness-focused events hosted by Girls on the Run Chicago, which she chose to receive the $5,000 grant.
- Brittany Shytles, sales consultant, Newport News, Va. Through Brittany’s leadership, FoodBank of the Virginia Peninsula has hosted CarMax volunteers numerous times over the last several years for programs like Backpacks for Kids and Kids’ Café. The FoodBank will receive the $5,000 grant. Brittany also coordinated a team for the March of Dimes March for Babies charity walk.
CarMax Associates Are Recognized For Volunteerism
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts