Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:58 a.m. ET with closing information and corrects trading symbol in headline.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday:
Jefferies lowered its rating on Nabors Industries (NBR) from hold to sell. "There's too much natural gas in this country, so when you drill it, wow," Cramer said. "We have so much natural gas it hurts Nabors." NBR closed Thursday down 4.7%.
Vera Bradley (VRA) was upgraded from hold to buy. "This is a fashion play," Cramer explained. "If you miss fashion, people don't like it, it goes down. Maybe this is the bounce people are looking for." VRA was off 2%.Brinker (EAT) was rated buy at Citi. "I happen to like this company, but Panera (PNRA) is the one that has held up best." EAT was up 2.7% on the day. M&T Bank (MTB) is a regional bank, and we heard that regional banks aren't making too much money, but for people who want ideas, M&T is the way to go, Cramer said. MTB closed flat. Goldman rated Yum Brands (YUM) at buy. This is a very big trade, Cramer said, the company is turning around. "This is the cheapest restaurant play." YUM closed flat. On Tesoro (TSO), Cramer said, Iif you're in the refining business, you're coining money. We've got cheap energy, you refine it, you charge higher prices, the margins are terrific. We have to harness cheap energy and get our manufacturing here. It can be done. The cheap energy and consistent energy in our country is remarkable." TSO was up 2.7%. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV