Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 11:04 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Wednesday:
Cramer thinks City National (CYN) is a classic, good bank. "You should buy it." Shares were flat at the Wednesday close.
Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) "has been such a dog, and it continues to be so, there's nothing special happening here," Cramer said. Shares closed down an unhealthy 5.3%.After reading an interview in the New York Times about Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT), Cramer said the company's stock has been an outperformer and noted CEO Steve Tanger talked about having a terrific holiday season. SKT was flat. Novartis (NVS) has been a decent company, Cramer said. "I wouldn't sell this stock," he advised, adding there's "no way" this company should have been downgraded. NVS closed flat. On Piper Jaffray's upgrade of Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO), Cramer said it "does seem like there's some sweet spot for gaming all of a sudden. I hated the stock. I'm probably wrong. It's probably okay now." Shares closed up 2.6%. Danaher (DHR) reaffirmed 2012 guidance and its 2013 outlook. The big-cap stocks have been saying things are looking fine, Cramer said. "These are not supposed to look fine," Cramer said, so maybe it's a sign of better days coming. Shares closed up 2.2%. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV