LVS Lodging REIT and LVS Mall REIT would be Singapore-listed REITs owning the mall assets in Macao and Singapore, while the lodging REIT would own the hotels in Macao, Singapore and Las Vegas.
The Singapore REIT market is the most active and mature in Asia, comps have good valuations in the mall and lodging space and the Sing government would likely be favorable toward a transaction relating to Marina Bay Sands, Las Vegas Sands Singapore Asset if they got the listing on Two REITs with market caps totaling over $30 billion.
LVS would spin out to existing shareholders shares in the mall and lodging company and those shareholders would then have the option to buy more or sell. Ideally, the management team of LVS would not sell any shares in these entities.
Both the mall and lodging REITs would be the fastest growing in their respective property space, the largest, and likely the most sought after by institutional investors that are dedicated to real estate or want a way to participate in the growth of the Asian consumer.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @swan_investor This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV