NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TG Therapeutics, Inc. (OTCBB:TGTX) today announced highlights from the TG-1101 and TGR-1202 posters presented at the 54 th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), held this past weekend, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Three posters on TG-1101, two posters on TGR-1202 and one poster on the combination of TG-1101 and TGR-1202 were presented, some of the highlights from the conference were:
- In vitro / in vivo results demonstrate superior efficacy with ublituximab compared to rituximab in primary central nervous system lymphomas, including a significant reduction in tumor burden (p=0.0014) and survival (p=0.016). CNS Lymphoma Poster Presentation – Poster 2755.
- Ublituximab induced higher levels of ADCC than rituximab in B-cell NHL cell lines as well as caused a higher degree of CDC lysis in patient-derived tumor cells than rituximab. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Poster Presentation – Poster 2756.
- Ublituximab is more effective than rituximab in inducing ADCC at low doses (p<0.01), and more importantly suggest that ublituximab could be more efficient than rituximab both to induce NK cell activation and ADCC in the presence of peripheral tumor cells from Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia patients. Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia Poster Presentation – Poster 1654.
- In a blinded comparison study of TGR-1202 and GS-1101 completed at Duke University Medical Center, TGR-1202 demonstrated equal efficacy to GS-1101 in regards to in vitro induction of apoptosis and toxicity as well as in suppressing Akt phosphorylation (pAkt) in CLL patient cells. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) Poster Presentation – Poster 3914.
- TGR-1202 is a potent and selective inhibitor of PI3Kδ demonstrating significant inhibition in Akt phosphorylation (pAKT) in AML and ALL cell lines and patient cells as well as marked anti-tumor activity in a MOLT-4 (AML) subcutaneous xenograft mouse model. Acute Leukemia (AML/ALL) Poster Presentation – Poster 2610.
- TGR-1202 is a potent and selective inhibitor of PI3Kδ exhibiting single agent activity against B-lymphoma cell lines. Of notable interest, TG-1101 and TGR-1202, when combined is highly effective in the induction of G2/M arrest and apoptosis in B-lymphoma cell lines. B-Cell and T-Cell Lymphoma Poster Presentation – Poster 3725.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts