BJS Releases State Corrections Expenditures, FY 1982-2010
WASHINGTON, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- – The Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) released State Corrections Expenditures, FY 1982-2010, which examines trends in state spending for building and operating correctional institutions and other corrections functions. It compares trends in state corrections expenditures with state spending for public welfare, education, health and hospitals, and highways.
Data are drawn from the Census Bureau's State Government Finance Survey, which collects information on state expenditures and revenues, and BJS's National Prisoner Statistics, which collects information on state prison populations.
TITLE: State Corrections Expenditures, FY 1982-2010 (NCJ 239672)AUTHOR: Tracey Kyckelhahn WHERE: http://www.bjs.gov The Office of Justice Programs (OJP), headed by Acting Assistant Attorney General Mary Lou Leary, provides federal leadership in developing the nation's capacity to prevent and control crime, administer justice, and assist victims. OJP has six components: the Bureau of Justice Assistance; the Bureau of Justice Statistics; the National Institute of Justice; the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention; the Office for Victims of Crime; and the Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking. More information about OJP can be found at http://www.ojp.gov. SOURCE Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV