- UBA's national member firms clients' average renewal for all plan types increased by 5 percent – Ohio plans increased by 7.5 percent
- The national average monthly employee contribution to plans with contributions for all plan types is $126 for single and $494 for family – in Ohio, the cost is $115 for single and $327 for family.
- The average employer contribution to a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) was down from 2011 for a single employee and up for a family. Employer health savings account (HSA) contributions continue to decline. In Ohio, the annual employer HRA or HSA contribution for single was below the national average at $1,102 compared to $1,361.
- 18.7 percent of Ohio employers offered a company sponsored wellness program, compared to 17.7 percent nationally.
- As a direct result of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) changes, 91.7 percent of all plans now offer an unlimited lifetime maximum benefit compared with 81.3 percent in 2011 and just 16.1 percent in 2010.
- Less than half (48.0 percent) of all covered employees also elected to cover their dependents, a decline of 1.9 percent.
HORAN Introduces Data From Nation's Largest Health Plan Survey
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts