Markov Processes International (MPI), a provider of superior tools for analyzing investment performance and risk, and Legg Mason, a global asset management firm with $646 billion in assets under management as of October 31, 2012, have extended their strategic partnership to offer customized retirement plan reporting and monitoring services to financial advisors on Legg Mason’s DCIO distribution platform.
Utilizing Stylus Web, MPI’s highly scalable web-based fund manager research and reporting tool, Legg Mason gives advisors access to powerful plan analysis tools and reporting capabilities to better serve plan sponsor clients and win new business. Legg Mason chose Stylus Web for its reporting flexibility and precise investment analytics, which help advisors construct better fund lineups, communicate investment dynamics and monitor funds for changes in style, risk and other potential red flags on an ongoing basis. Legg Mason is able to customize report and proposal templates for advisors’ needs, including powerful current vs. proposed templates that convey fiduciary duty and aid in new business generation.
“We at Legg Mason are committed to giving advisors the finest and most complete value-add solutions that enable them to best serve the defined contribution market, uphold their fiduciary responsibility and win new business. Advisors have responded very well to the sophisticated analytics and the dynamic, customized reporting we offer on our platform with the MPI Plan Analyzer. The MPI team has been a great partner in building and continuously enhancing the capabilities of our solution,” said Gary Kleinschmidt, Head of Retirement, Legg Mason.
In an ongoing effort to help advisors best serve clients and demonstrate fiduciary care, the Legg Mason team recently incorporated a series of new MPI analytics and data, including:
- MPI’s patent-pending Common Style, a returns-based tool that provides a quick and powerful way to analyze factor similarities and differences within a portfolio or between managers, improve plan diversification and aid in portfolio construction and continuous monitoring.
- A new custom web-based data management portal with support for Stable Value Funds, Variable Annuities, Subaccounts, Insurance Group Separate Accounts (IGSAs) and Custom Non-Registered Products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV