The Prudential Insurance Company of America, a Prudential Financial, Inc. company (NYSE:PRU), today announced that the Verizon Management Pension Plan has purchased a single premium group annuity contract from Prudential Insurance to settle approximately $7.5 billion of pension liabilities of the Plan. Under the terms of the contract, Prudential Insurance has irrevocably assumed the obligation, beginning January 1, 2013, to make future annuity payments to approximately 41,000 members of the Verizon Management Pension Plan.
“We welcome the Verizon retirees who will now receive annuity payments from Prudential,” said Christine Marcks, president of Prudential Retirement. “Prudential is focused on helping people achieve retirement security, and we look forward to providing guaranteed lifetime income to these retirees.”
Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a financial services leader, has
operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping
individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth
through a variety of products and services, including life insurance,
annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment
management. In the U.S., Prudential’s iconic Rock symbol has stood for
strength, stability, expertise and innovation for more than a century.
For more information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV