BOSTON, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The holidays bring endless photo opportunities of family, friends and food. With 56% of smartphone owners choosing their phones over their cameras to chronicle their lives through photos and videos*, Carbonite, Inc., a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small businesses, reminds them that it's important to back up and protect that content. Recently Carbonite updated its free mobile app – Carbonite Mobile – to add new features that make it even easier to protect the photos and videos on your Android smartphone or tablet for free.
Backing up and protecting all of the mobile content captured on smartphones and tablets ensures that precious memories are accessible and safe, whether Santa Claus accidentally steps on your new tablet or a crazy New Year's Eve bash leads to a lost phone. Carbonite Mobile allows people to back up the photos and videos created on their mobile devices to the cloud, and also includes features exclusively for Android that protect their mobile device and personal data in the event of loss or theft.
New to the lineup of features that protect Android phones and tablets is "Capture", which allows the device owner to remotely activate a phone's camera and capture an image of the person using the phone if it is lost or stolen. You may capture a photo of your thief red-handed, which can be shared with authorities and used to aid in the recover of your missing device.Additional protection features of Carbonite Mobile for Android include:
- Locate: Uses the Android device's built-in location services to track where it is
- Ring: This feature causes the Android device to emit a sound, even when set to silent or vibrate
- Lock: Remotely adds a passcode to the Android device for additional security
- Capture: If you think your device was stolen, remotely activate the camera to capture a photo of the person using your phone
- Destroy: Remotely wipes a user's personal data (including SD card) from an Android device, restoring it to factory settings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts