SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Coherent, Inc. (NASDAQ: COHR), announced today that the company's Board of Directors has approved a $1.00 per share special cash dividend on its outstanding common stock payable on December 27, 2012 to stockholders of record on December 19, 2012.
"Given the unique uncertainty surrounding future tax rates, we elected to return money to our stockholders by way of a special one-time dividend. This dividend does not compromise either our strategic goals or strong balance sheet and does not impact our previously announced $25 million share repurchase authorization," said John Ambroseo, President and CEO.
Founded in 1966, Coherent, Inc. is a world leader in providing photonics based solutions to the commercial and scientific research markets and part of the Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 Index and the Russell 2000 Index. For more information about Coherent, visit the company's website at http://www.coherent.com for product and financial updates.
5100 Patrick Henry Dr. - P. O. Box 54980, Santa Clara, California 95056–0980 - Telephone (408) 764-4000SOURCE Coherent, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV