MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IRIDEX Corporation (Nasdaq: IRIX) announced today the preliminary results of its tender offer to purchase up to 487,500 shares of its common stock at a purchase price of $4.10 per share, which expired at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Friday, December 7, 2012. Based on the preliminary count by Computershare Inc., the depositary for the tender offer, an aggregate of 1,447,141 shares of common stock were properly tendered and not withdrawn, including 14,060 shares that were tendered through notice of guaranteed delivery. Accordingly, IRIDEX expects to accept for purchase an aggregate of 487,500 shares of its common stock at a purchase price of $4.10 per share.These shares represent approximately 5.5 percent of IRIDEX's currently issued and outstanding shares of common stock.
Because the tender offer was oversubscribed, the number of shares that IRIDEX will purchase from each tendering stockholder will be pro-rated. Based upon the preliminary count by the depositary, IRIDEX estimated that the pro-ration factor will be approximately 33.6%, assuming all shares tendered through notice of guaranteed delivery procedures are properly delivered, or approximately 34%, excluding all shares tendered pursuant to guaranteed delivery procedures. The number of shares properly tendered and not withdrawn and the pro-ration factor are preliminary and are subject to: confirmation by the depositary of the proper delivery of the shares properly tendered and not withdrawn and the impact of odd-lot tenders. The actual number of shares properly tendered and not withdrawn and the pro-ration factor will be announced following the completion of the confirmation process. Payment for the shares accepted for purchase and return of all other shares tendered will occur promptly thereafter. Payment for shares will be made in cash, without interest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV