Suntech, Siemens And Mainstream Renewable Power Collaborate On 100MW Of Solar Projects In South Africa
"We are all proud to participate in the South African government's first round of tenders and be awarded as suppliers for these two photovoltaic plants. The combination of Suntech's technology and Siemens' execution strength as well as our strong local team set-up will form a perfect partnership that will set the highest standard for our partner Mainstream Renewable Power Ltd. These projects are opening the door to one of the most interesting emerging renewable energy markets," stated Ted Scheidegger, CEO of Siemens Solar & Hydro Division.
The 100MW solar plants are among the first projects to be granted licenses under South Africa's first Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Programme (REIPPP). The programme targets the installation of 1.45GW of photovoltaic solar plants by the end of 2014 and 8.2GW by 2030.
Dr. Zhengrong Shi, Suntech's Founder and Executive Chairman, said, "With rapid cost declines over the past decade, solar is not only environmentally friendly, but also cost competitive with many other forms of energy generation. We are confident that South Africa's clear renewable energy policy will provide a blueprint for other countries in the region. We enjoy a strong relationship with Dr. O'Connor and the team at Mainstream and these projects are a very important milestone in our relationship."
To learn more about Suntech's efforts in driving global solar industry growth, please visit the
Suntech Connect blog, like us on
Facebook, or follow us on Twitter
@Suntech_Connect for regular updates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV