- CNOOC Limited will establish Calgary as the head office of its North and Central American operations, responsible for approximately US$8 billion of additional assets;
- CNOOC Limited will seek to retain Nexen's current management team and employees;
- CNOOC Limited will invest significant capital as a long-term commitment to the development of oil and gas resources in Canada;
- CNOOC Limited will list its shares on the TSX;
- Consistent with its commitment to social responsibility, CNOOC Limited will build upon Nexen's existing and highly regarded community and charitable programs, particularly with respect to First Nations and local communities;
- CNOOC Limited will continue to support oil sands research at Alberta universities and to participate in the Canada's Oil Sands Innovation Alliance ("COSIA");
- CNOOC Limited will provide a compliance report related to its undertakings annually to Industry Canada.
CNOOC Limited Receives Industry Canada Approval On Its Proposed Acquisition Of Nexen Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts