ATLANTA, Dec. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cbeyond Inc. (Nasdaq:CBEY), the technology ally to small and mid-sized businesses, today announced general availability of its TotalCloud™ Phone System in the U.S.
Designed specifically for single or multi-location businesses with office, remote and mobile workers, TotalCloud Phone System can route and prioritize voice traffic via Cbeyond's carrier-class private IP-network linked to a secure data center. The cost-efficient hosted phone system technology also reduces or eliminates initial equipment expenditures and the ongoing labor and support costs of maintaining a traditional, on-premise phone system. Other key benefits include:
- Advanced phone features such as mobile phone integration, call filtering, online feature management and click-to-dial using Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to share data and voice applications across multiple business locations and with employees working remotely
- The ability to purchase only the capacity needed and to flexibly scale up or down according to business needs
- High reliability via geo-redundant deployment across data centers, leveraging Broadsoft technology
- Managed Quality of Service (QoS) prioritized voice traffic across Cbeyond's managed network
A Cbeyond customer since 2002, Texas-based American Innovations (AI) helps oil and gas companies automate the collection, storage, and reporting of equipment and pipeline compliance data and comprises three operating companies, two of which were acquired in 2003 and 2008 respectively. AI recently added TotalCloud Phone System to its advanced complement of Cbeyond services and applications."With TotalCloud Phone System we saw an easy, cost-effective way to get our feet wet with cloud infrastructure. We were able to increase bandwidth and fully support remote workers in Arizona, Colorado and Texas without having to make a significant capital outlay. Truth be told, all we had to pay for was some extra phone sets, and that cost was minimal," said Randall Chance, vice president of information technologies, American Innovations. "Businesses require high-quality phone technology capable of growing with them while delivering low maintenance costs," said Tim Myers, vice president, cloud engineering at Cbeyond. "TotalCloud Phone System provides the right combination of service, support, advanced technologies and cost-efficient deployment to make that happen."