Nuveen Announces Completion Of Global Currency Closed-End Fund Merger
Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as individual investors, today announced that the merger of the Global Income and Currency Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GCF) into the Nuveen Diversified Currency Opportunities Fund (NYSE: JGT) was completed prior to the opening of business December 10, 2012.
|Acquired Fund||Symbol||Acquiring Fund||Symbol|
|Global Income and Currency Fund, Inc.||GCF||Nuveen Diversified Currency Opportunities Fund||JGT|
In the merger, JGT acquired substantially all of the assets and liabilities of GCF in a tax-free transaction in exchange for an equal aggregate value of newly-issued common shares. The exchange took place based upon the funds’ closing net asset values on December 7, 2012. The exchange ratio at which common shares of the acquired fund were exchanged for common shares of the acquiring fund is listed below:
|Global Currency and Income Fund (GCF)||1.00086028 shares of JGT for every share of GCF|
More detailed information about the portfolio repositioning and merger can be found in the Restructuring Overview.
Nuveen Investments provides high-quality investment services designed to help secure the long-term goals of institutional and individual investors as well as the consultants and financial advisors who serve them. Nuveen Investments markets a wide range of specialized investment solutions which provide investors access to capabilities of its high-quality boutique investment affiliates—Nuveen Asset Management, Symphony Asset Management, NWQ Investment Management Company, Santa Barbara Asset Management, Tradewinds Global Investors, Winslow Capital Management, and Gresham Investment Management. In total, Nuveen Investments managed approximately $220 billion as of September 30, 2012. For more information, please visit the Nuveen Investments website at www.nuveen.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV