Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that it has named Kevin Moriarty as Avnet Chief Financial Officer (CFO), effective January 2, 2013. As announced in April, Avnet’s current Chief Financial Officer Ray Sadowski will be retiring from his position after 20 years as CFO. Moriarty was selected to succeed Sadowski based on a strong blend of operational experience plus broad financial and accounting expertise. He comes to Avnet from Honeywell International, Inc. where he was CFO for the company’s $12 billion global aerospace business. To help ensure a smooth and seamless transition, Sadowski, who joined Avnet in 1978, will continue with the company in a senior advisory role.
“Kevin brings the broad base of global and financial experience plus the skills that we were looking for in a finance leader,” said Avnet Chief Executive Officer Rick Hamada. “With his strong track record of success while building high performance teams, I am confident he is an excellent choice for Avnet as we continue to grow and enhance our financial performance. Kevin is a great addition to our senior executive team.”
Moriarty’s experience includes leading a global team of more than 1,000 finance professionals, supporting 95 sites around the world. He was heavily involved in several large Honeywell acquisitions and divestitures and also worked with Honeywell’s Investor Relations team in engaging with the external investment community. He has been with Honeywell for 10 years in a series of progressively responsible positions, joining them in 2002 as controller for the Automation and Control Solutions Division and led their internal audit team following his promotion in 2004 to vice president of Finance overseeing Corporate Audit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV