Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that ChinaNetCenter, a leading CDN and IDC services provider in China, has joined Platform Equinix ™ to expand its service delivery into the United States. The company deployed a content delivery network (CDN) node in Equinix’s Los Angeles International Business Exchange ™ ( IBX ®) data center, LA1, to serve as a hub from which it can provide its CDN and Internet data center (IDC) services.
Highlights / Key Facts
- From broadcasting and television to enterprise and government, ChinaNetCenter’s customers span various industries, each with different and often changing bandwidth and security requirements. By working with Equinix, ChinaNetCenter can take advantage of carrier-neutral and carrier-dense data center facilities, as well as a thriving business ecosystem to optimize and extend its services globally.
- Equinix IBX data centers offer more than 900 public and private networks to choose from, giving ChinaNetCenter greater choice and flexibility in terms of how it delivers customer content. This means that regardless of an end user’s equipment or location, they’ll have fast and secure access to ChinaNetCenter customers’ websites.
- As a leading CDN and IDC provider in China, ChinaNetCenter serves more than 2,000 customers, including Huawei, ZTE, Audi and Baidu. Over the last 10 years, the company’s CDN services have supported a number of major events, including the English Premier League in 2011, both the World Cup and the Shanghai Expo in 2010, and the Olympic Games in 2008. ChinaNetCenter’s relationship with Equinix will help the company continue to deliver massive volumes of traffic for content owners.
- David Liu, vice president, ChinaNetCenter:
“To remain a CDN and IDC leader in China, it’s critical for ChinaNetCenter to utilize high-quality data center resources so that we can better serve our customers worldwide. By choosing to work with Equinix, we now have the agility we need to meet growing customer demands. Equinix provides consistent, reliable and extensible service to us, which is fundamental to our business development.”
- Jim Poole , general manager of Global Networks and Mobility, Equinix:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV