University of Roehampton, located in London, has four colleges that serve roughly 9,000 students. The university was seeking flexible, user-friendly service desk software that could improve IT efficiency, speed problem resolution and provide reliable tracking capabilities in multiple departments.
The university chose the BMC FootPrints solution from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) because of its ability to achieve these goals and its ease-of-use for non-IT personnel. This enabled the solution to provide powerful management capabilities to the Property & Facilities Management and Library Services departments as well as IT.
“Previously we had no way of tracking where things were and some service requests could be sitting there for months on end,” said Toby Beehan, IT operations manager at the University of Roehampton. “In the space of three months since implementing the BMC FootPrints software we’ve dealt with 8,810 enquiries, which include requests submitted online and customer walk-ups.”
Beehan added, “This information is really valuable to us moving forward to ensure we are providing an efficient service.”The Challenge The University of Roehampton wanted to monitor service requests, resource usage, enable self-service for students and collect statistics to accurately measure service desk performance across multiple departments. The Solution The university deployed the BMC FootPrints software to meet these objectives with a solution that offered a rich feature set for managing service processes within and beyond IT. Benefits With the BMC FootPrints solution, the University of Roehampton achieved important benefits. The university:
- Increased its internal customer base from 1,500 to approximately 10,000
- Improved closure time for service requests from approximately two months to one week
- Increased the number of jobs logged through the system by 61 percent
- Obtained important tracking data and statistics to help further improve performance over time
- Read the full University of Roehampton case study
- Access the BMC FootPrints community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMC_FootPrints and @BMCSoftware on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook