The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV):
|WHAT:||News conference announcing a joint initiative of the Travelers Foundation, the charitable arm of The Travelers Companies, Inc., the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety and Habitat for Humanity International to build affordable, wind-resistant homes.|
|WHEN:||Monday, Dec. 10, 2012|
|8:30 a.m.||B-roll opportunities as construction begins|
|10:30 a.m.||Remarks and house tour to review FORTIFIED features and their contributions to the house’s ability to withstand severe wind storms. Experts below will be available for comment during this time.|
|WHERE:||667 Seal Boulevard, Bay St. Louis, MS|
- Wendy McDonald, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity Bay-Waveland
- Eric M. Nelson, Vice President of Enterprise Catastrophe and Analysis, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Marlene Ibsen, CEO and President of the Travelers Foundation, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Remington “Rem” Brown, Senior Engineering Manager, IBHS
- Doug Harper, Corporate Development Director, Habitat for Humanity International
- Russ Griffith, Senior Construction Specialist, Habitat for Humanity International
|IN MORE DETAIL:|
|As part of $500,000 in grants provided to Habitat for Humanity by the Travelers Foundation in 2012, Travelers funded eight pilot Habitat builds, which are now underway in Alabama and Mississippi. The homes will be built in accordance with IBHS’ FORTIFIED construction standards, which provide practical, meaningful structural upgrades to strengthen new, as well as existing, homes. Travelers also is funding the development of IBHS training programs and materials to support Habitat affiliates’ efforts to build safer, wind-resistant homes in partnership with low-income families.|
About TravelersThe Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2011. The company provides support for charitable organizations in the community through the Travelers Foundation and with corporate funding. The company’s community giving is focused on education, community development and the arts. Travelers employees are consistently active in community initiatives and perform thousands of hours in volunteer time each year. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.
About Habitat for Humanity InternationalHabitat for Humanity International is a global nonprofit Christian housing organization that seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. Since 1976, Habitat has served more than 500,000 families by welcoming people of all races, religions and nationalities to construct, rehabilitate or preserve homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. For more information, to donate or to volunteer, please visit www.Habitat.org, follow us at www.facebook.com/habitat or at www.twitter.com/habitat_org or join Habitat’s blog community at www.habitat.org/blog.About the IBHSIBHS is an independent, nonprofit, scientific research and communications organization supported by the property insurance industry. The organization works to reduce the social and economic effects of natural disasters and other risks on residential and commercial property by conducting building science research and advocating improved construction, maintenance and preparedness practices. Visit www.DisasterSafety.org for more information about how to make your buildings more resistant to a variety of disasters, large and small. Follow IBHS on Twitter at @DisasterSafety and on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV