Kohl's (KSS) ($44.09 vs. $44.65 on Dec. 3): Has a buy rating, and my annual pivot at $44.22 should provide a magnet with my monthly risky level at $47.12. Without a value level consider the Sept. 12, 2011, low at $42.14 the key chart support.
TIBCO Software (TIBX) ($20.37): Has a hold rating and the stock was already below its 200-day SMA, when the bad news hit for this company. Last Wednesday's low was a test of the 200-week SMA at $18.99, which proved to be the price at which to catch this falling knife. My annual value level is $16.82 with an annual pivot at $20.05 and semiannual risky level at $23.99.
Tiffany (TIF) ($58.42 vs. $58.98 on Dec. 3): Still has a buy rating with the stock still below its 200-day SMA. The 200-week SMA is a buy level at $52.73. My monthly value level is $50.15 with a semiannual pivot at $57.66 and annual risky level at $64.07.
Vera Bradley (VRA) ($23.89): Has a buy rating and the stock gapped below its 200-day SMA following its reason to be taken to the woodshed. My monthly value level is $19.15 with my semiannual risky level at $27.05.Verisign (VRSN) ($36.28 vs. $34.15 Dec. 3): Still has a hold rating and is well below its 200-day SMA. My weekly value level and 200-week SMA are prices at which to catch this falling knife at $32.13 and $31.42. My annual risky level is $42.50. Yum! Brands (YUM) ($66.30 vs. $67.08 Dec. 3): Still has a buy rating and remains below its 200-day SMA. My monthly value level is $63.64 with quarterly risky level at $72.24. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV