Cisco expects second-quarter earnings between 47 cents a share and 48 cents per share. The company also expects revenue to grow as high as 5.5% if it reaches the high end of its range of $12.1 billion. As has been the pattern for most of the year, the company has chosen to guide conservatively.
On the other hand, Cisco now has a streak of seven consecutive quarters where it beat earnings forecasts. Q2 won't be any different -- particularly since the market is expecting a rebound in enterprise spending, which has prompted analysts
Likewise, Cisco's management deserves more credit than they have received. Although the company has gotten more than its share of criticism for its inability to grow, management continues to ignore all of the noise and has focused solely on execution.As such, it should be viewed as an encouraging sign that the company is willing to leave no stone unturned to find growth opportunities -- regardless of how much it cost. Investors would be wise to add shares at current levels as the stock has a good opportunity to trade in the $25 to $30 range during the next 12 months. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @rsaintvilus This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV