Pandora's catalog includes over 99% of the songs or artists its users search for. The company knows this -- and like thumbs up, thumbs down and skip data -- Pandora keeps track. The company addresses the less-than-one-percent of items searched that do not occur in its catalog and tracks them down as necessary.
So, on both ends, this process is as active, if not more so than on-demand radio, certainly from Pandora's side. It varies from the listener's standpoint, depending on how much time he or she spends interacting with the platform.
Don't confuse the company with the stock. This is an excellent trading stock; a bad long-term investment unless you have a long-term time horizon of considerably more than a year.
The third quarter was solid. I also think Pandora acted with a bit too much caution for Q4. But it's better to underpromise and overdeliver.In any event, nothing that has happened over the last several weeks -- even the stuff I strongly disagreed with -- changed the course of Pandora's long-term narrative. Don't believe uninformed noise, hysteria and emotion. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV