Hancock Fabrics Announces Fiscal 2012 Third Quarter Financial Results
Hancock Fabrics, Inc. (the “Company”) (OTC symbol: HKFI) today announced financial results for its third quarter ended October 27, 2012 and first thirty-nine weeks of fiscal 2012.
Financial results for the third quarter include:
- Net sales for the quarter grew to $71.9 million compared to $70.8 million for the third quarter of last year, and comparable store sales increased 2.3% compared to a 3.5% decline in the previous year. This is a 5.8 percentage point improvement over the previous year third quarter.
- Operating loss for the quarter was $0.8 million compared to operating income of $1.2 million in the third quarter last year. The previous year operating income included a $1.0 million gain related to a bankruptcy claim settlement.
- At quarter end, the Company had outstanding borrowings under its revolving line of credit of $51.3 million and outstanding letters of credit of $5.8 million. Additional amounts available to borrow under its revolving line of credit at the end of the quarter were $29.6 million. The balance of the Company’s subordinated debt was $21.6 million at quarter end, and the unamortized warrant discount on this debt was $1.8 million.
First thirty-nine weeks financial results include:
- Net sales for the first thirty-nine weeks of 2012 increased by $5.7 million to $196.3 million compared to $190.6 million for the first thirty-nine weeks of last year, and comparable store sales improved by 3.6%. This is a 6.6 percentage point improvement over the 3.0% decrease in the previous year.
Steve Morgan, President and Chief Executive Officer commented, “We have now completed thirteen consecutive months of positive comps, and as previously announced we have put into place financing with a four year term. We continue to feel positive about the holiday season based on our Black Friday performance with net sales up 23% compared to Black Friday last year and our November performance in general. We plan to stay our course as we go through the fourth quarter and prepare for 2013.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV