Seahorse Bioscience Announces Asia Mito 2012 Travel Award Winners Advancing Cell Metabolism Research
BILLERICA, Mass., Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seahorse Bioscience, the world leader in instrumentation and assay kits for measuring cell metabolism announces travel award recipients who presented at the Asia Mito 2012 Conference, November 2-5, 2012, in Beijing.
- Yu Ting Wu, Ph.D., candidate at the Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang-Ming University, in Taipei, Taiwan. Poster title: Regulation of Mitochondrial FoF1ATPase Activity by Sirt3-catalyzed Deacetylation and Its Deficiency Elicited by Oxidative Stress in Cells from Patients with CPEO Syndrome.
- Chien-Tsun Chen, postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang-Ming University, in Taipei, Taiwan. Poster title: The Role of Sirtuin 3 and Mitochondria in the Function of Adipocytes Differentiated from Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells.
- Chih-Hao Wang, postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang-Ming University, in Taipei, Taiwan. Poster title: Cisd2 deficiency leads to impaired differentiation and function of adipocytes in mice.
Seahorse XF Analyzers and stress test kits are the industry standard for simultaneously measuring the two major energy pathways of the cell - mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis - in a microplate, in real-time. XF Analyzers quickly and easily ensure reliable and reproducible data, revealing a new level of detail regarding the interplay between these energy-producing pathways and disease.
"Increasingly studies reveal that Sirt3 plays a pivotal role in the regulation of mitochondrial metabolism. The XF Analyzer has given us the opportunity to explore how Sirt3 mediates energy homeostasis through deacetylating mitochondrial proteins, and has enhanced our research by helping us further understand the relationship between the Sirt3 deficiency, and compromised aerobic respiratory in mitochondrial diseases," stated Yu Ting Wu, Ph.D
Seahorse supports the exploration of cell metabolism through travel awards that are offered to graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and young investigators who present a poster or presentation citing data generated on the XF platform at scientific meetings and conferences. Through this program, Seahorse seeks to increase the body of knowledge that is enabling new discoveries about the role of cell metabolism in pathophysiology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV