ASC Alleges Illegal Advising And Misrepresentations By Ralph William Burgess, Peer Financial And RBEE Capital Associates
CALGARY, Dec. 7, 2012 /CNW/ - Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) staff have issued a Notice of Hearing alleging that Ralph William Burgess and his companies, Peer Financial Ltd. and RBEE Capital Associates Ltd.:
- acted as advisers without being registered with the ASC to act in that capacity;
- made misrepresentations to Alberta investors; and
- failed to perform any, or very little, due diligence on the securities connected to their investment advice and failed to disclose this fact to investors.
ASC staff allege the misrepresentations included statements that the securities being offered were secured debentures with a fixed rate of return, when in fact there was no security or the security was insufficient to secure all investment funds.
An appearance to set a date for a hearing will be held on January 15, 2013 at 9 a.m. in the ASC Hearing Room, 5th floor, 250 - 5th Street SW, Calgary Alberta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV