The Board of Directors for Fort Dearborn Income Securities, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE: FDI) today declared a quarterly dividend from current net investment income and undistributed retained earnings from net investment income of $0.175 per share, and distributions from short-term capital gains of $0.386 per share and long-term capital gains of $0.437 per share, payable on December 31, 2012 to shareholders of record as of December 17, 2012. The ex-dividend date is December 13, 2012.Fort Dearborn Income Securities, Inc. is a closed-end bond fund managed by UBS Global Asset Management (Americas) Inc. The Fund invests principally in investment grade, long-term, fixed income debt securities. The primary objective of the Fund is to provide its shareholders with:
- A stable stream of current income consistent with external interest rate conditions, and
- A total return over time that is above what they could receive by investing individually in the investment grade and long-term maturity sectors of the bond market.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts