HOUSTON, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Robbins & Myers, Inc. (NYSE: RBN) announced today that it and National Oilwell Varco, Inc. have each received a supplemental information request for information and documents from the Canadian Competition Bureau (the "Bureau") in connection with the proposed merger transaction in which National Oilwell Varco would acquire all of the outstanding shares of Robbins & Myers for $60.00 per share in cash. The supplemental information request was issued under the Competition Act of Canada (the "Act").
The effect of this request is to extend the waiting period imposed by the Act until 30 days after Robbins & Myers and National Oilwell Varco have each complied with the request (unless that period is extended voluntarily by the parties or terminated sooner by the Bureau). While Robbins & Myers intends to respond expeditiously to the request (and expects National Oilwell Varco to do the same), compliance with the request followed by the 30-day statutory waiting period will push the closing into 2013 unless the waiting period is terminated sooner by the Bureau.
Robbins & Myers also announced today that it and National Oilwell Varco are in discussions with the United States Department of Justice ("DOJ") regarding a timing agreement to allow the DOJ additional time to complete its review under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended. The terms of the timing agreement have not been finalized, but will extend the review period past December 31, 2012.
As previously announced, Robbins & Myers has scheduled its special meeting of shareholders to consider approval of the merger for December 27, 2012.About Robbins & Myers Robbins & Myers, Inc. is a leading supplier of engineered, application-critical equipment and systems in global energy, chemical and other industrial markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV