Fattah Announces House Science & National Labs Caucus
WASHINGTON, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA-02) ranking member on the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce Justice and Science today announced the establishment of the House Science and National Labs Caucus. Serving as co-chairs with Fattah will be Representatives Randy Hultgren (R-IL-14), Ben Ray Lujan (D-NM-03) and Alan Nunnelee (R-MS-01).
Members of the Caucus will work to strengthen support for federal investment in research and national laboratories, and increase awareness on the role of the labs in long-term economic growth.
Congressman Fattah, a leading advocate for federally sponsored research, recently introduced House Resolution 815, declaring 2013 "The Year of the Federal Lab" and recognizing that federal laboratories remain at the cutting edge of scientific and technological advancement.
"Our federally-funded labs are critical to America remaining at the forefront of innovation," Fattah said. "Investment in the labs means investment in those who are conducting the critical research in energy, science, space and technology."Fattah said, "The formation of this caucus spotlights the pioneering work that's taking place at federal labs all across the country." On Monday, Fattah will travel to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Oak Ridge, Tennessee for a tour and inspection of that research and nuclear facility. A champion for the national laboratory system, Fattah has toured NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, California, the Los Alamos and Sandia Labs in New Mexico and the Argonne and Fermi national labs in the Chicago area. SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV