NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GFI Group Inc. (NYSE: GFIG), a leading provider of wholesale brokerage, clearing services, electronic execution and trading support products for global financial markets (the "Company"), announced today that the Company's Board of Directors has declared an accelerated fourth quarter 2012 dividend of $0.05 per common share. The accelerated dividend will be payable on December 27, 2012 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on December 17, 2012.
This accelerated dividend is intended by the Board to be in lieu of the quarterly dividend the Company would have otherwise announced when it issued its fourth quarter and full year 2012 earnings in the first quarter of 2013 and that would have been paid in 2013.
About GFI Group Inc.GFI Group Inc. (NYSE: "GFIG") is a leading provider of wholesale brokerage services, clearing services, electronic execution and trading support products for global financial markets. GFI Group Inc. provides brokerage services, market data, trading platform and analytics software products to institutional clients in markets for a range of fixed income, financial, equity and commodity instruments. Headquartered in New York, GFI was founded in 1987 and employs more than 2,100 people with additional offices in London, Paris, Nyon, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Cape Town, Santiago, Bogota, Buenos Aires, Dubai, Dublin, Tel Aviv, Los Angeles and Sugar Land (TX). GFI Group Inc. provides services and products to over 2,600 institutional clients, including leading investment and commercial banks, corporations, insurance companies and hedge funds. Its brands include GFI(SM), GFInet®, CreditMatch®, GFI ForexMatch®, EnergyMatch®, FENICS®, Starsupply®, Amerex®, Trayport® and Kyte®.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV