AKRON, Ohio, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company today announced that it will transfer its stock exchange listing to the NASDAQ Global Select Market from the New York Stock Exchange.
Goodyear shares of common stock will begin trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market on or about December 18, 2012 under the current Goodyear ticker symbol "GT." Additionally, Goodyear's 5.875% mandatory convertible preferred stock will trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "GTPPP."
"We are excited to welcome Goodyear to NASDAQ. Goodyear is a global leader in the tire industry and has one of the world's most well-known and respected brands," said Bruce Aust, executive vice president, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. "We look forward to a long and successful relationship."Goodyear said the move to The NASDAQ Stock Market will provide the company with greater cost efficiencies and access to high visibility branding opportunities while continuing to provide shareholders with strong execution and liquidity through NASDAQ's advanced trading technologies. Goodyear (NYSE: GT) is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs approximately 71,000 people and manufactures its products in 53 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate. SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV