Oregon Producer Will Chair Board Of Farmer Co-op CHS Inc.
ST. PAUL, Minn., Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Oregon farmer David Bielenberg has been elected chairman of the board of CHS Inc. (NASDAQ: CHSCP), the nation's leading farmer-owned cooperative and a global energy, grains and foods company.
Bielenberg was selected during the 17-member board's yearly reorganization meeting which followed the company's 2012 annual meeting on Dec. 6. He succeeds Jerry Hasnedl, a St. Hilaire, Minn., farmer who held the post during the past 12 months.
"This company has achieved unprecedented success in delivering value for its owners in recent years," Bielenberg said. "In the year ahead, the CHS Board of Directors will focus on continuing to deliver that for the producers and cooperatives that own CHS. This will include maximizing the value of CHS ownership for producers and cooperatives through a continued focus on our equity management program.
"In addition, we'll continue building on the company's success by driving our strategic momentum, growing enterprise value, maintaining an aggressive risk management approach and developing our skills as leaders."Bielenberg has served a total of seven years on the CHS board, with terms from 2002-2006 and from 2009 to the present. During 2012, he was the board's assistant secretary-treasurer, chaired its Audit Committee and served on its Government Relations and board Executive committees. He operates a diverse agricultural operation near Silverton, Ore., which includes seed crops, vegetables, soft white wheat, greenhouse production and timberland. He has held numerous cooperative and agricultural leadership roles including service as board member and president of Wilco Farmers Cooperative, Mt. Angel, Ore., and the East Valley Water District. Bielenberg holds a bachelor's of science degree in agricultural engineering from Oregon State University and is a graduate of the Texas A & M University executive program for agricultural producers. He completed the National Association of Corporate Directors comprehensive Director Professionalism course and received its Certificate of Director Education. Also elected to one-year leadership terms were:
- Dennis Carlson, Bismarck, N.D., as first vice chairman; elected to the board in 2001 and previously was second vice chairman.
- Dan Schurr, LeClaire, Iowa, as secretary-treasurer; elected to the board in 2006 and previously was first vice chairman.
- Steve Fritel, Rugby, N.D., as second vice chairman; elected to the board in 2003 and previously was secretary-treasurer.
- Curt Eischens, Minneota, Minn., as assistant secretary-treasurer; elected to the board in 1990 and previously served as second vice chairman.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV