GLENVIEW, Ill., Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The board of directors of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) today approved a change in the payment and record dates of its regular cash dividend previously approved on October 26, 2012. The payment date of the dividend of $0.38 cents per share has been changed to December 31, 2012 from January 8, 2013. The record date has been changed to December 18, 2012 from December 31, 2012.
The company accelerated the payment of the dividend to allow its shareholders to benefit from the current dividend tax rate that is scheduled to expire on December 31, 2012.
Celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2012, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 150 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The company focuses on profitable growth and strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. These businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW's revenues totaled $17.8 billion in 2011, with more than half of these revenues generated outside of the United States.
SOURCE Illinois Tool Works Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV