Euro, Pound Fall Against Dollar On US Jobs Report
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The dollar rose against the euro and other currencies Friday after the U.S. government reported job growth in November that was greater than analysts were expecting.
The euro fell to $1.2926 from $1.2964 Thursday, and the British pound fell to $1.6036 from $1.6048.
The Labor Department reported that U.S. employers added 146,000 jobs last month, beating economists' estimates. The unemployment rate also fell to 7.7 percent from 7.9 percent, but that was mainly because more people gave up looking for work.
In other trading, the dollar rose to 0.9347 Swiss franc from 0.9330 Swiss franc.It edged up to 82.40 Japanese yen from 82.36 yen and down to 98.99 Canadian cents from 99.16 Canadian cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV