Euro, Pound Fall Against Dollar On US Jobs Report
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The dollar rose against the euro and other currencies Friday after the U.S. government reported job growth in November that was greater than analysts were expecting.
The euro fell to $1.2926 from $1.2964 Thursday, and the British pound fell to $1.6036 from $1.6048.
The Labor Department reported that U.S. employers added 146,000 jobs last month, beating economists' estimates. The unemployment rate also fell to 7.7 percent from 7.9 percent, but that was mainly because more people gave up looking for work.
In other trading, the dollar rose to 0.9347 Swiss franc from 0.9330 Swiss franc.It edged up to 82.40 Japanese yen from 82.36 yen and down to 98.99 Canadian cents from 99.16 Canadian cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV