1. As of noon trading, Devon Energy ( DVN) is down $0.54 (-1.0%) to $52.55 on light volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Devon Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.43-$53.25 after having opened the day at $53.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.09. Devon Energy Corporation, an independent energy company, engages primarily in exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Devon Energy has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Devon Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Devon Energy as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Get the full Devon Energy Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts