JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CSX Corporation today announced that the Belfast Commerce Centre in Bryan County, Ga. is the first recipient in the State of Georgia to receive CSX Select Site designation.
CSX's Select Sites program reviews manufacturing and distribution development sites along the CSX network that can rapidly utilize freight rail service. This designation confirms that standard land use issues have been addressed and that the site is ready for development.
"The Select Site certification provides certainty for companies seeking industrial property for manufacturing operations and allows for increased speed to market and reduced development risk," said Clark Robertson, assistant vice president, regional development, CSX. "This program also helps communities identify sites that can compete effectively for new investments and job creation."
Belfast Commerce Centre, which broke ground today, is a 1,100-acre industrial park with two miles of I-95 frontage, located 16 miles from The Port of Savannah. The project will help create new high-wage jobs while broadening and diversifying Bryan County's tax base as part of a larger planned urban development."We would like to thank the Bryan County Board of Commissioners, City of Richmond Hill, Bryan County Development Authority and Rayonier for their support in completing the Select Site work," said Robertson. "CSX is standing by to assist Bryan County in the development of rail-served opportunities at the Belfast Centre site."
CSX introduced the Select Sites program earlier this year to better serve new or existing customers on its network. CSX partnered with The Austin Company, a nationally-known site selection and certification consulting firm, to screen candidate sites and assist communities with the application and certification process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV