Millennial Jobs Report: Youth Unemployment At 10.9 Percent
First November jobs report after election reveals real opportunities remain scarce for Millennials
WASHINGTON, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Generation Opportunity a national, non-partisan organization advocating for Millennials ages 18-29, is announcing its Millennial Jobs Report for November 2012. The data is non-seasonally adjusted (NSA) and is specific to 18-29 year olds:
- The overall unemployment rate for 18-29 year olds for November 2012 is 10.9 percent (NSA).
- The unemployment rate for 18-29 year old African-Americans for November 2012 is 18.5 percent (NSA); the unemployment rate for 18-29 year old Hispanics for November 2012 is 12.5 percent (NSA); and the unemployment rate for 18–29 year old women for November 2012 is 10.5 percent (NSA).
- The declining labor force participation rate has created an additional 1.7 million young adults that are not counted as "unemployed" by the U.S. Department of Labor because they are not in the labor force, meaning that those young people have given up looking for work due to the lack of jobs.
- If the labor force participation rate were factored into the 18-29 unemployment calculations, the actual Millennial unemployment rate would rise to 16.4 percent (NSA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV