Senators Herb Kohl (D-WI) and Bob Corker (R-TN) were sponsors of the original Senate bill that became the basis for the final legislation. Supporting the measure were Senators Ron Johnson (R-WI), Lamar Alexander (R-TN), and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI).
In the House, Representatives Jim Cooper (D-TN) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) co-authored the original bill that was incorporated, in its entirety, into the final version of the H. R. 6582 legislation.
Representative Phil Roe (R-TN) was a co-sponsor of H. R. 6582 along with Representative Ron Kind (D-WI). Blackburn and Roe both spoke on the floor of the House in support of the bill.
Representatives Diane Black (R-TN) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) also were supporters of the bill.The uniform energy efficiency descriptor replaces a standard that is more than 20 years old that created two sets of energy efficiency measures for water heaters. When the original standards were put in place, smaller water heaters were rated using an "energy factor," while larger units were rated based on "thermal efficiency." Adding to the confusion, each of the two ratings required its own testing methodology, and manufacturers were not allowed to substitute ratings on different water heater models. Advances in water heater technology and improved efficiency testing methods combined to make the older standard obsolete.
SOURCE A. O. Smith Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV